NVQ/SVQ Level 2 in Barbering
You are here:Mapping our Resources to NVQ/SVQ/VRQ - NVQ/SVQ Level 2 in Barbering
Complete list of units - Level 2
8 units must be completed. 6 mandatory units and 2 optional units.
The resources below are intended to aid and support your learning and teaching within your college/course.
Download our useful course sheet below (.PDF):
*G20 (001) Make sure your own actions reduce risks to health & safety (Lv3)
*Resources available in this section can be used for VRQ unit UV20483: Follow health and safety practice in the salon.
* G7 Advise and consult with clients
- Client and Hair Analysis
- Skin and Hair Lesson
- Hair and Scalp Analysis Video
* Resources available in this section can be used for VRQ unit UV20386: Client consultation for hair services.
GB3 Cut hair using basic barbering techniques
- Graduated Cut Video
- Parallel Layers
- Uniform Layer Cut Video
- How to Cut Hair Lesson
- Hair Travel
- Clipper Cut
- Scissors Over Comb
- Cut hair using basic barbering techniques video
GB4 Cut Facial Hair to Shape Using basic technique
GB5 Dry and Finish Men's Hair
*GH8 Shampoo, Condition and Treat the Hair and Scalp
* Resources available in this section can be used for VRQ Unit UV20488: Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp.
AH21 Create Basic Patterns in Hair
GB2 Change Men's Hair Colour
GH14 Perm and Neutralise Hair
*G4 Fulfil salon reception duties
* Resources available in this section can be used for VRQ unit UV20489: Salon reception duties.
G8 Develop and maintain effectiveness at work
G17 Give Customers a positive impression
* G18 Promote additional services or products to customers
* Resources available in this section can be used for VRQ UV20492: Promote products and services to clients in a salon.